TECAR therapy has been used in the physiotherapeutic field since the last century, with heat sources being the main methods used for therapy.
It is a novel method that avoids surgery and the use of anaesthesia.
This treatment is also used for fat reduction, body firming and wrinkle removal.
What is TECAR therapy?
To all this we must explain what TECAR therapy is, whose acronym stands for Capacitive Electrical Resisted Transfer.
This, together with the word therapy, indicates that it is a therapeutic technique that uses electrical energy.
For this, a device is used that generates a high frequency current, completely harmless, which comes out of a special electrode and with the help of a return plate alters the flow of energy reaching the tissue in the form of an electromagnetic field.
This is imperceptible and stimulates the metabolic processes of the injured tissue.
Taking all this into account, we can imagine that its benefits and physiological effects are multiple:
- Increased blood flow.
- Improved metabolism.
- Reduction of pain.
- Relaxation of muscle spasms.
- Increased temperature in muscles and tissues.
But, we must not forget the aesthetic benefits:
- Radiofrequency produces skin tightening, through controlled contraction of dermal collagen and neocollagenesis.
- It improves collagen and elastin fibres.
- In addition, the heat heats up the collagen in the tissue so that it visibly contracts and produces a lifting effect.
- The increase in the temperature of the fat cells favours the process of lipolysis, where the lipids that constitute a fuel reserve are mobilised to cover the body’s energy needs.
- It should be added that after a few sessions it is easy to see that the abdominal circumference is reduced by 4-5 centimetres, as well as in the legs, by 3-4 centimetres.
At Move & Balance Physiotherapy we want to help you feel good about yourself. Do not hesitate to contact us and try TECAR therapy.